Final beta version released (Beta 4) as Exponent enters the Release Candidate stage
Though slightly delayed due to summer schedules, we now present “Righteous Rocket,” the Beta 4 release of Exponent 2.0. The Exponent Development Team has spent much of this past month and a half fine tuning plans to offer a stable code release this summer. However, that didn’t prevent many fixes and changes from being incorporated.
Many issues were resolved, bugs were squashed, and features were added. A deemed "stable" release is scheduled for the final week in August, with two (2) Release Candidates planned between now and then.
Some notable mentions about this release:
- Ecommerce saw massive improvements, getting very close to working straight "out of the box."
- Migration processes were greatly improved which included adding permission migration.
- Installation processes were enhanced further from Beta 3 "do-over."
- Added a new File Displayer view called 'Showcase' for swapping images on click or hover.
- Better Internationalization (utf8) support, especially with forms.
- Scrubbed the code to be (more) fully php v5.3+ compliant.
Plus many other changes and fixes which are summarized in the included CHANGELOG.