A Double Deuce to You!
After extensively testing a myriad of new features, we present version 2.2.0, the 'Double Deuce!' This is a major, yet incremental update to Exponent. This version contains ALL the fixes from previous versions, plus many more issues have been addressed. PLUS, we've added too many new features and tweaks to possibly list here! Since this version sheds all 'old school' or 1.x support, you may have to update your old custom themes or views (see this article). We've also added support for Canonical URL SEO support (see this article).
Some major feature highlights include:
- Moves to Twitter Bootstrap & jQuery as primary framework libraries while still providing support for YUI3/YUI2
- Adds HTML 5 form fallback features for all browsers
- New HTML 5 compliant Media Player module
- New Forms features like creating a form by importing a csv file or add records to an existing form...plus the option to change form control type
- More Blog views
- New Blog and e-Commerce site sample installation content
- LDAP server user authentication
- Greatly enhanced e-Commerce functionality:
- Event Registration integration with Forms is now suitable for a wide variety of event types, such as those only needing a head count or a few details on each attendee (like a show) to greatly complex information gathering when many details are required (camp registration). Allows for optional discounts (early or multi-registrant) and for-cost options.
- Online Donations is much more robust.
- More professional looking (and acting) Countdown module
- Greater control over multi file uploads (pause, resume, & cancel individual files)
- plus much, much more!