'Happy Hyperbole' (v2.0.6) is in Full Bloom!Friday, March 30, 2012 release
Just as everything seems to freshen up as spring busts out, here's another version release to freshen your web site. There are many usability and security fixes and updates in this release, though none are as extensive as other recent releases:
Some of the updates include:
- Incorporates all fixes from v2.0.5 patches
- Adds publish/unpublish dates and 'draft' feature to blog
- Implements WYSIWYG comments
- Adds aggregated content indicator with command to move item into current module
- Fixes a plural/singular MVC naming issue to provide more fluid integration (developer feature)
- photoalbum, faq, & filedownloads; all fixed during the upgrade
- Upgrade scripts now run when versions are equal to allow better upgrading from develop code
- also adds 'optional' upgrade scripts; includes optional deprecated headline controller removal
- Prevent installation/upgrade over 0.9x database (must be a clean install then migrate old db)
- adds cURL library support requirement to installation
- Enhanced podcast/rss feeds; deprecates 1.0/calendar rss, in favor of ical feed
- Adds true Finnish (machine) translation
- Adds additional url security checking
- Plus other tweaks, fixes, and features
As always we encourage you to update you web site to the most recent version of ExponentCMS, however, we recommend you test it first before updating your production server.
Now that many of the 'things' we wanted to get out in the wild are implemented (and because the weather has gotten much nicer outside), we're slowing the release cycle down to every two months. Therefore, you can expect to see the next version being released around the end of May. However as always, we'll address any 'show-stoppers' with a patch release.
- Apr 25, 2016 @ 07:33 PM by dleffler RE: Recently getting errors on Exponent website using older version. Searching for fix or upgrade path. | General Support
- Apr 25, 2016 @ 07:28 PM by dleffler RE: How to make Flydown menu always be collapsed? | General
- Apr 25, 2016 @ 06:54 PM by dleffler Integrate multiple favicons from faviconit.com • Tips & Tricks |
- Apr 15, 2016 @ 12:06 PM by BJKline RE: How to make Flydown menu always be collapsed? | General
- Apr 14, 2016 @ 12:23 PM by dleffler RE: How to make Flydown menu always be collapsed? | General
- Apr 14, 2016 @ 12:15 PM by BJKline RE: How to make Flydown menu always be collapsed? | General
Who Did This?
Exponent CMS is written and maintained by Online Innovative Creations (OIC Group, Inc.), a Peoria web design and development company. OIC Group, Inc. specializes in a wide range of web-based solutions for enterprise-level organizations and local businesses in Peoria. Learn more about this Peoria web design company. Spanning from custom website design and development to local SEO and social media marketing, OIC Group, Inc. is full-service web marketing firm that offers a wealth of solutions.
As the creator of Exponent CMS, OIC Group, Inc. offer fully-custom web design and development programs. To view examples of the company's work, visit the local website design portfolio to see both local and enterprise-level websites that OIC has created. In addition to search engine friendly websites, other specialties of OIC Group, Inc. include website optimization, conversion rate optimization, social media marketing, Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising, local SEO and ecommerce SEO services.
If you're looking for ways to improve the potential of your Exponent CMS website, connect with Exponent CMS on Google+. To stay abreast various ways to better optimize your Exponent CMS website, follow OIC Group web design on Facebook.